Friday 18 April 2008

Read about Jill Bolte Taylor: My stroke of insight

Hi dear reader,

this blog is only a few days old and doing great. A friend wrote a first comment and linked my blog to hers. I am going to give you a link here to something I find amazing in many ways. This seminar which you'll be able to see on video is about a woman who had a stroke and who recovered completely. She explains in minute detail what she experienced and how it affected her. It simply became a spiritual experience and in my opinion many or maybe even all severe illness is or can be one..
Those who know me better will understand her experience has a deep impact on me, since I took care 2 years (still do in some ways) of a beloved friend who suffered a life threathening stroke. My friend is well and practically independent again, but did not fully recover.
No need for sadness here, she is pretty happy and in many ways became a more tolerant and better person.
If I knew how I would add or embed the video directly, but there is still so much to learn about how to work these blogs, websites...

Meantime put this link in your browser, not sure whether it will work with a simple click on it:

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/03/13/when-a-brain-scientist-suffers-a-stroke/?em&ex=1205726400&en=25d09fa1ea79adc2&ei=5087%0A


And by the way, TED's site and talks are pretty much very good news !!!

No comments: